Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye Old Year

2010 has contained a lot of pain for me. Physical in nature, for the most part. I'm not sad to see it go. But every new year, I wonder, what have I done? And I think, what will I do now? Why does this night seem different? Why do I feel some need to "start over?" Me and the rest of the world....

Each morning should be like tomorrow morning. Each new sunrise should make me think about my resourcefulness and usefulness - what did I do with the passing day that was worthwhile? It should make me realize that I have one more opportunity. To be kind, to love, to make a difference in someone's life. To make a difference in my own life.

So, apart from learning to write a new year when I date things, perhaps tomorrow should hold no other charm for me, but a new sunrise, more breath, more heartbeats (however fast and wonky they may be). And I should just start from there.

Happy New Year.

Happy New Day.

No comments: