Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 3 - Write for Two Hours

Technically, today's challenge was get up *early* and write for two hours. It didn't happen for me today (I can hear my husband chastising me already about how late I stay up....) but with Summer here I enjoy exercising my late night movie habit.

Still, I did write today for an hour and plan another hour this afternoon. It feels good to work again. I had been on a roll for a while, a time when I was burning up the page and couldn't NOT write this story, but after a point I let many things get in the way. I want to say what everyone says, what is easy to say, which is that I was BUSY. But I know that is not true. I had time. I just didn't. I know why.

I had reached a point in my story that gave me doubts. And those doubts started to get bigger and they crowded out the story, the message and meaning behind why I started writing it in the first place. Being "ordered" to get up and just DO it today forced me to face that hump and start to walk over it. I just needed a push to put my head down and work it out.

Hopefully the forming of good habits will keep these blocks at bay. No, no, no, that is wrong thinking. Here is the correct sentence: The forming of a good consistant writing habit will keep these blocks at bay.

That's better.

Write on, Friends!

No comments: